Is there anything better than a refreshing cocktail during a hot summer day? We’ve collected a few of our favorites using the best summer fresh fruits and flavors. Let us know your thoughts on the below!
Spicy Margarita Punch
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1/4 cup lightly packed mint
- One 750-milliliter bottle silver tequila
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 cup light agave nectar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Ice, lime wedges and kosher salt, for serving
- In a punch bowl, muddle the cucumber with the jalapeño, cilantro and mint. Add the tequila, lime juice, agave and orange juice and stir well. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, remove and discard the solids from the punch. Garnish with more thinly sliced cucumber and jalapeño. Serve ice and lime wedges alongside, as well as salt for rimming glasses.
The punch can be refrigerated overnight.
VARIATION : Margarita Jellies (makes about 9 dozen )
In a large bowl, sprinkle 6 envelopes of unflavored gelatin evenly over 1 cup Spicy Margarita Punch. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of punch just to a simmer. Whisk in the gelatin mixture until completely dissolved, then return to the large bowl. Whisk in the remaining punch. Pour into a lightly oiled 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Refrigerate overnight. Un-mold and cut into 1-inch cubes. Dip in decorating sugar and serve.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade Cocktail
- fresh strawberries
- vodka (or gin—your choice!)
- In a tall glass, mix 1.5 ounces vodka, ice, lemonade, chopped basil leaves, and chopped strawberries
Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule
- 3-4 medium to large ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered (plus extra for garnish)
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 ½ -3 ounce Vodka
- juice from 1 lime (about 1 ounce)
- crushed ice
- 2-3 ounce chilled ginger beer
- 1-2 teaspoon agave for sweeter drink
you will also need:
- copper mug*
- muddler or wooden spoon
- Place strawberries, basil and a splash of ginger beer in copper mug and muddle by using a muddler or the bottom of a wooden spoon to smash the berries and basil together for 1- 2 minutes, until juices are fully released. Pour in the lime juice and vodka. Stir and let sit and macerate for a few minutes.
- Fill mug about 3/4 of the way full with crushed ice and top off with chilled ginger beer. Stir with a spoon and garnish with a fresh strawberry and basil leaf.
A Summery Rosé Spritzer
- 5 ounces rosé (I prefer dry)
- Fresh strawberries, chunked
- Fresh mint leaves
- 2 – 3 lemon slices
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Place 1 – 2 tablespoons of fresh strawberries and 2 – 3 lemon slices in the bottom of an old fashioned glass.
- Muddle well until juicy.
- Fill glass with ice to the top.
- Add rosé, then top with sparkling water or club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lemon.
Cucumber Lime Martini
- 2 oz cucumber vodka
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz . simple syrup
- Fresh lime wedges
- Fresh cucumber slices
- Fresh cucumber curls
Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker, secure, and shake.
Pour into two martini glasses; discard ice.
Garnish with any or all of the optional items.