Since all of us have so much time on our hands these days..most of my time has been in the kitchen. I’m trying to cook healthy for the fams and needed some inspiration so I have been going to a few of my go-to food blogs A Pinch of Yum, Sweet Peas and Saffron and Well Plated by Erin for some inspiration on cauliflower rice recipes. Here are just a few of my faves..stay healthy and safe everyone!
A Pinch of Yum: cauliflower fried rice with crispy tofu
- 15 ounces extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Cauliflower Fried Rice:
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- swish of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 knob of ginger, grated
- 2–3 cups frozen peas and carrots (or really any veggies you want)
- a lil bit of soy sauce
- a lil bit of Sriracha
- swish of sesame oil
- 3 beaten eggs
- green onions for topping
- Tofu: Preheat the oven to 450. Toss the tofu, olive oil, soy sauce, and cornstarch together. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Cauliflower: Run the florets through the food processor, in batches, until they reach a rice-like consistency.
- Fried “Rice”: Heat your olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, peas, and carrots. When it’s really sizzling, add the cauliflower, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Saute for just a minute or two, until the cauliflower barely softens.
- Egg: Make a well in the middle of the hot pan. Add sesame oil and eggs, and gently pull the eggs around in the center with a spatula to make scrambled eggs. Once cooked, stir the scrambled eggs in with the fried rice.
- Done: Serve it up, top with more Sriracha and green onions, and live your best life.